These are funds that support community projects. This category is divided into:
- Board Discretion (No Limitation to Board granting authority) - supporting a wide variety of projects
- Board Discretion - Donor Preference (No limitation to Board granting authority) -supporting specific areas
- Board Discretion - Donor Limitation (Discretion limited to field of interest or geographic location)
There are two types of Non-Discretionary Funds:
- Donor Directed (Directions binding on a third party)
These funds are established by donors who wish to support a specific charity or advanced educational pursuits for students through scholarships and bursaries.
- Agency (Funds held on behalf of donor)
A number of funds are managed for charitable agencies in the Shuswap. A donor may wish to support a favorite agency by directing a gift to that organization’s endowment fund held by the Foundation. There are a growing number of agencies with funds who have chosen to open a fund with the Foundation, knowing that the Foundation will invest their money carefully in the interest of the community.
The Foundation currently manages funds for a variety of agencies including:
- Shuswap Hospice Society
- Shuswap Hut and Trail Alliance
- Shuswap Area Family Emergency Society
- Fletcher Park Seniors Centre Society
- Shuswap District Arts Council