Please read the following guidelines carefully before filling out the Online Grant Application Form.
1. For your project to qualify for a grant, your Society must:
2. Your project must contribute to the well being of residents of the Shuswap in an area such as:
3. The Foundation will not support projects of a partisan, religious or political nature.
4. The Foundation does not normally fund ongoing operations. Grants are intended to be one time and should support projects that can be completed and evaluated within a reasonable period. For capital projects, the Foundation reserves the right to approve the project, but not advance funds until invoices are received and confirmation of other funding sources has been received.
5. The Foundation will not fund projects already underway.
6. Grant funds may not be used to retire debt.
7. An email or Letter of Intent to apply for funding is required by May 15th. Please complete our simple online Letter of Intent form.
8. A completed grant application form should be postmarked, or entered, no later than June 15th. Grants will be disbursed in September or early October of each year.
9. A Project Evaluation Report must be submitted to the Foundation by June 30 of the following year for the Society to be eligible for future grants.
In most years, the Grants Selection Committee has $60,000.00 to disperse throughout our Shuswap Communities and entertains applications from more than thirty worthwhile charitable organizations. Although funds are limited, we strive to make the greatest impact. "We unite those who care with the needs of our community"
If you have any questions about your project’s eligibility, please contact the Foundation.